Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 9 of 21

We’re almost home.  Sweet Zoe Grace is crying in the back seat because she is D.O.N.E. with her car seat.  These are the moments when we can’t make it home fast enough.  It’s been a looonnnngggg day for all of us and home will be a sweet landing.  In the midst of the sleep deprivation, we have had a remarkably good day; for which I’m so thankful.
  
It’s on some of these really long days that I treat myself to a dessert in a cup – also known as a coffee from Starbucks.  My current (okay, longstanding) fav is a tall, soy, cinnamon dolce latte with 2 pumps instead of 3 – with WHIP.  Today it went down over ice (even on hot summer days hot coffee drinks are a delight, but the barista made it on ice and it looked good, so why not be daring?)  And wow! It was tasty!  The cool iced coffee flavor with crunchy, sugar and coffee coated ice cubes – what’s not to love?  To top it off, the whip didn’t melt like it does on my hot drinks, so I got to enjoy every last creamy lick.  I must confess that though the rest of my life is dairy free, I relish that large dollop of creamy, fluffy, sweet topping on my dessert, um drink.  And though that may seem like a pithy confession, it is mine nonetheless.  I used to have quite a love hate relationship with dairy.  I loved to eat it, but my body hated it :( Thankfully, some people pointed me down the lifestyle path I’m on and for that I’m grateful.  Thank you Andrea for sharing The China Study with me; it has literally changed the entire course of my life.  Not to mention that I no longer battle sinus infections and rarely get sick (I’ve learned how nutrition is the key to prevention, among many other things.)  So, my little dollop of whip is quite a treat – one that, as a result of partaking, I will befriend my neti pot tonight just for safe keeping.  The first several times of using the neti pot I thought I was at the beach being pummeled by a wave – you know those times when the salt water fills your nostrils and you don’t know which way is up?  Then I realized – since I was perfectly dry and not disoriented - that I was just standing in front of the sink pouring salty water up my nose.   I’m so thankful for that neti pot – never thought I’d say that about something that I use to purposefully put water up my nose ;)  Oh the things I’ll do for health…if you haven’t heard my stories about eating whole cloves of raw garlic, just ask! 

Thank You Jesus that my body is quite healthy; that is a great gift.  Thank You for the delightfulness of taste.  Thank You for allowing our lives to cross with others in ways that may seem insignificant to us at the outset, but are gamechangers in the end.  Thank You that foods have the nutrients to help our bodies heal; Your design is quite amazing! 

Peace,
Kristie 

No comments: