Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 7 of 21

We skipped church and recovered from a busy weekend. The sound of rain and leaves from the many oak trees pitter pattering on the roof still rings in my ears.  The worship music that filled the air of our home today has been peaceful and permeating (Kari Jobe is a current fav!).  Thank You for music (and for Pandora)!  Your Spirit’s presence has been palpable throughout the day; I will return to these moments as I drift off to sleep soon.  While the girls napped this afternoon, I finished a project – a thankful tree – that I’ve longed to complete.  The peace and quiet was just the quiet waters I needed to restore my soul.  My mind first swirled with many thoughts, but stillness settled in after a bit.  The timing couldn’t have been better.  I had time to just hang out with myself and my God.  Thank You.  I’m grateful for Your encouragement to enjoy the process...may this sink in throughout the rest of my days!  The silence and creating were wonderful as I let go of the anxiety and pressure to finish.  And I love how the tree turned out – filled with love and hope, it is a wonderful focal point in our kitchen.  I can’t wait to fill the branches with leaves of thanksgiving to You!  In the process of making the tree I discovered this font (Gabriola) – it’s new to me, and I dig it J


To end the night, chopped pecans, almonds, mixed with some sugar and vegan butter to make a scrumptious nut crust – YUM!  I’m grateful for a husband who likes to create in the kitchen!!
Peace & grace to me, you and yours!
Kristie

No comments: