So, already I can say that this is changing me - I'm becoming more aware of moments throughout the day that I want to remember later, so I find myself soaking them in with all of my senses. I'm living more in the moment without even realizing it. Starting the day "stepping into my skin" as David Wilcox sings and then being more fully engaged in the day creates something else that I didn't expect: a posture of receiving.
Receiving is part of my theme for the year (see January's post for more on that), so this was a welcome gift and I can see that gentle hands led me to this "experiment."
Let me remember:
My eyes opened this morning only after my ears were delighted by sounds of a little voice singing and chatting happily in her bed next to me. After taking the 5 lb weights off of my eyelids, I looked over to see this sweet little girl so happy to be awake and excited about the day. Thank You for her - her sweet, playful spirit fills the room with joy.
After a couple of hours of a small goat rodeo here at the Ranch (no real goats, just two little people having fun!), we headed down the bumpy dirt road to Vo-La Salle Farms - a hydroponic farm just around the corner. It was another beautiful day outside - the weather was scrumptious - from the cool breeze and the warm sun, to the light raindrops that cooled my skin and the sound of the leaves falling from the oak trees. Then, much to our delight, the neighboring horse - Sir Frankie - came over to meet us. A nice fellow in white with a friendly demeanor and a great smell. Ahhh, the smell of a horse...I realized today how much I like it! And as the girls and I picked snow peas and put them in their little bags, it dawned on me - I'm a country girl. Not the suburbs. Not the city. The country - land, animals, smells of earth, tastes of food fresh from the vine, no big stores and bright lights (except for stars!). Another piece of how I am made - the design of me that You crafted and wrote on my heart. Thank You for making it so clear.
During the afternoon hours while the girls napped, I sat outside to work and took a few minutes to listen. The wind blowing through the trees. That sound brings me peace. The birds singing their unique songs. I just feel happy when I hear them. My own soul. She needed space to speak. Thank You for showing Yourself through the creation. I feel more connected to myself and to You as I soak in the wonders of all that You've created.
It's been a full day, a true day - one with hard spots. Yet as I remember these moments, the hard spots soften. They become blurry, no longer in focus. I see differently. Maybe, just maybe, I am beginning to see a bit more as You see. And maybe that's why You tell us over and over to remember...so that we will see more clearly - see as You see.
May it be so.
Peace,
Kristie
No comments:
Post a Comment