I just left Boston eating delicious gnocchi in the Italian district on a cold night with my handsome husband. I have such cold hands, but the restaurant was warm, and the server was encouraging about my upcoming marathon. Oh wait, that was 6 years ago when we went to that very cold, very fun northeastern city in November. But I did eat gnocchi tonight – straight from Italy…so says the package! As I rehearsed the events of the day in my mind, I could taste the gnocchi again – those from tonight, those eaten in Boston, and those relished on the Amalfi coast in southern Italy with my sister back in the spring of 1998. MMM…gnocchi – soft, a bit gooey, warm, covered in savory sweet marinara, delightful to chew, comforting to the body and mind! I’m so glad for the Italians – or the person who first created gnocchi. Thank you for a culinary masterpiece! Thank You for the many wonderful experiences of culture and travel; I am richer for them!
Speaking of another culinary masterpiece – well, sort of…we attended a business training today for our Juice Plus franchise. Juice Plus is a culinary masterpiece in its own right – 25 fruits, veggies, berries and grains in a capsule. It’s so simple, yet so profound! It was an all-day event, learning about nutrition, the rockin’ benefits Juice Plus has on our bodies, the amazing research, and the stellar group of people who are involved in this business. I remember the inspiration rising up within me – it’s like something being birthed – but not yet born, just gestating, awaiting it’s dawning for everyone to experience. Over and over I’ve heard it – how people who own a Juice Plus franchise are living dreams they wouldn’t have thought possible without this business. Dreams that God put in their hearts – Kingdom dreams. You know those kind: where justice is happening - wrongs are being made right, the poor and hungry are being treated with dignity and given hope, the enslaved are being sought after and set free…yeah, those kinds of dreams…those are the ones that I consistently hear from the Christians who own a Juice Plus franchise. Thank You for this opportunity and opening these windows in my own soul to dream Your dreams. I so look forward to looking back with awe and wonder on what You do in and through our lives and this business.
Today I give thanks for another old German man ;) Happy 81st birthday Opa! May God draw you near Him and may you find great purpose and fulfillment in Him. Thank You for bringing him through the war safely and over the wall so many times to help others live free lives.
May we all live our purposes and dare to dream the dreams He’s written on our hearts.
With that I say, Adieu!
Kristie
P.S. Remember to set your clocks forward…yay! Long summer days are on the horizon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment