I recently picked up a little booklet called Daily Spirit Blessings by Arthur Burk and Sylvia Gunter from our church. I actually heisted it off the front desk and had to call Cindy to tell her of my thievery! When I saw the title, I just couldn't resist! She assured me that it was okay, and my misdemeanor would be overlooked this time ;) I'm thankful for her for she gets me in many ways!
This booklet is filled with prayers that we speak to ourselves - to bless ourselves - our true selves - the persons God created us to be (for those of you who don't know...this is what I desire my life to be about....helping others become all of who God made them to be...)
Anywho, the prayer for today became the background of our day so I want to include it here:
"I bless you with feeling the joy your Father has as he thinks of all the blessings he prepared for you - the surprises, divine encounters, unexpected treasures. I bless you with knowing your Father's joy when he sees you are different today than you were yesterday. I bless you with experiencing his joy knowing the unique person he designed is cooperating with him in what he designed you to do. I bless you with knowing so profoundly the pleasure he has in you that the opposition of other people means nothing. I bless you in the name of the laughing God of Zephaniah 3:17."
I love those words - that picture of the laughing God...oh how I need to experience Him more! Well, today I did! So here's what happened:
The girls stayed with my in-laws as Stephan and I met with a dear friend who guides us through the rough places of life - those that you have been through over and over again and just can't quite see clearly enough to get through on your own. He shepherds us, loves us, and teaches us what it looks like to live a life fully alive. Thank You for true souls who have walked ahead of us along the hard path of ripping away the false self so that the beauty of the true self - the person beneath all of the masks that we wear - can live with hearts fully alive. We were surprised with laughter during our time together. I love laughing and want to do more of it!
Then we took a little time and ate a scrumptious lunch at Infusion Tea in College Park. (http://www.infusionorlando.com/ If you haven't been there, check it out - it's seriously yummerific!) We shared together how God is like the Horse Whisperer...the image of the horse out in the wide open field while Robert Redford waits for the scared horse to come close...always respecting, patiently waiting.
As we enjoyed a perfectly warm, shady spot on the patio, we overhead a few men talking about business interspersed with words like God, Holy Spirit, Jesus. Hmmm....it's not often that those names are said in the same conversation as marketing, HTML, clients, etc. We weren't really eavesdropping, as much as we were being invited to a divine appointment (at least that's how I like to think of it!). Before we left, we introduced ourselves and met three men that we plan to meet again; one of whom leads an organization who's basic mission it is to help business leaders lead in the footsteps of their Savior. They were people that we want to know, to talk with, experience more of...one in particular clicked with us. Gotta love when that happens! A lunch is being planned to meet again. Thank You for these men and for allowing our paths to cross today.
From there we traveled to see our beloved chiropractor - Gustav Marquardt - an old German man who has taken good care of me since I was pregnant with Zoe Grace, with whom I've always felt safe, and for whom I have a great deal of respect. Thank You that You preserved his life through the war, took him so far away from his home, and gifted him as a "healer." Certainly, he has been Your hands at work for the past 50 years. Bless him and his wife as they officially retire from practice. He will be missed!
Thank You Jesus that You are big enough that You could come as a baby and live this human life. Thank You for the people that love You and bring Your presence into my life and enrich me as a result.
For the LORD your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
My heart is opening to hope a little more again today as You love on me, calm my fears, and sing over me. Thank You!!!
Kristie
No comments:
Post a Comment