Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 11 of 21

The cool evening air (I do realize how relative the word cool is…it’s a warm cool!) that blows the leaves from the trees is refreshing.  The sunlight is filtered through the tops of many trees so that we walk in shade interspersed with pockets of bright sunshine.  The singing birds serenade us.  It’s just right for a walk and bike ride with the girls and Rusty.  The small hill gives a challenge to meet and a fun descent.  We enjoy a snack of kiwi in the parking lot where we leave our car to get to the walking trail.  Zoe does her happy feet dance while she signs and says that she’s “cited.” Click. I set that moment in my memory.  Liana Joy asks for me to watch her again as she does another dance – this time she shows me how she can hop on one foot in a circle.  The girls begin to play a game of tag and giggle boisterously.  Click.  My mental camera captures another priceless moment.  Daddy shows up on his way home from work and the girls give shouts that always melt my heart, “Daddy!  Daddy!”  Click.  Another snapshot.  Rusty wags his tail like a helicopter blade and happily greets his owner.  After playing a few more games of tag and duck, duck, goose, the girls get in the car and head for home with Daddio.  Click.  I run an errand by myself soaking up the silence, and open the windows to enjoy the wind blowing through my hair.  I listen for His voice.  I pay attention to His presence.  I receive an appetizer of refreshment.  Click.  
I feel as if I need a ten course meal, but choose to trust that I’m given what I can receive.  May my ability to receive ever increase so that I am overflowing with You.  Thank You.
Keep speaking to my heart, changing my life, and making me whole.    
Peace,
Kristie

No comments: