I'm not a new year's resolution kind of gal, but over the past month or so I have been thinking/praying/listening and talking to Jesus about this year, I want a “theme” for the year.
I will offer Him my voice this year.
My voice, not the one that I think others want to hear, or the one that I like, but the one that He gives me. That might mean saying hard things I’d rather avoid, speaking when I’m afraid of rejection or disapproval, writing ever truer words, singing through the lump in my throat, praying for my “enemies”…we’ll see what He asks of me.
What would He offer me?
I want something from Him - something that upon reflection will be like a color in a painting that permeates the picture.
This is the year of receiving. That’s what He impressed upon my heart.
Receive. I want this - the grace to receive.
Receiving requires open hands, a surrendered heart.
That’s hard for me. I’m such a fighter. I’m proud and strong-willed; like a youngster, “I do it.”
But oh to be a woman who has received -
Humble. Taking into me what someone else offers nurtures a humble heart. A heart that knows her own neediness without shame. Shame blocks receiving.
Content. As I truly swallow down and feast on His gifts, my heart will rest and find the sapling of contentment pressing through the hard soil of envy .
Grateful. I’ve longed for this, but in its truest state, it can’t be mustered and I don’t have it. If, however, my mouth is open to the food from His hands and I let Him fill me, a grateful heart will be born - even to overflowing.
Whole. “I will repay for the years the locusts have eaten,” that’s what He promises. Oh for my heart to be ever more restored to the heart from which He created me to live. Free to live fully, free to give, free to love.
May I receive all that He has for me that I may receive more of Him and in doing so, more of myself.
I pray this for you as well. That we all may be more of the women and men He created us to be.
Peace,
Kristie
1 comment:
such a lovely post :) (surrender is a hard one for me too) I love an annual theme - last year's was "words" and we spent the year living His words, studying words and feeling the power of words. This year it's "action" do our actions align with our beliefs? Are our actions inspiring others?
Post a Comment