I don't know where this recipe came from. As it's written, it's not vegan, GF or DF. I just adapted it to fit our family's lifestyle. ENJOY!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
3/4 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup of Turbinado an it was plenty sweet!)
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used 1/4 cup applesauce. This cuts back the fat content, adds flavor, and more nutrients.)
2 eggs (I used ground flax seeds instead. Use 1 tbsp. ground flax seed/3 tbsp. water for each egg. Due to the moisture of the pumpkin, I didn't need to add the water to the flax seed.)
3/4 cup canned pumpkin (Whole Foods often has organic pumpkin on sale this time of year.)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill GF all purpose flour)
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. ground cloves (I didn’t have this in my spice cabinet and it still tastes like fall.)
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use the WF brand vegan chocolate chips.)
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper liners.
2. Mix sugar, oil, eggs. Add pumpkin and water. In a separate bowl mix together the rest of the dry ingredients. Add wet mixture and stir in chocolate chips.
3. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. (I baked mine for 20 minutes and they were just right!)
No comments:
Post a Comment