Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

All is grace indeed

We couldn’t be more different she and I.


She has six kids, homeschooling them and oh, she’s writing books - a best seller even.


I have two little ones, find a few words every few weeks, and can’t keep the dishes washed or the laundry clean most of the time.

She lives on a farm in a place where cold is a part of life most of the year.


I live on the edges of suburbia in a place where the heat comes in hot, hotter, and ridiculously hot (today is one of those days!).

These differences may not seem so significant; in fact, they’re really not.


They’re not the ones that I had in my mind when I decided that she couldn’t really be like me.



Could I trust her enough to walk with her as she walks with Him? I wasn’t sure.





She lives, eats, drinks, and breathes the truth that God is good and can be nothing else.


I swallow it down, knowing He is my only hope, trusting that it will take deep root in me, but in the darkest places of pain yet unhealed, I find it coming back up screaming that it can’t be true.





She’s sat with women who have been exploited, abandoned, widowed, wounded.


I sit with one of those women every day - myself.


Has what she says been tested in her life? Or does she live a life free of the darker colors?


Then I read her post the other day. Oh. I had no idea. Wow. Yes, she knows suffering. Yes, she is one of those women too. Yes, she is who she says.


Yes, I can trust her.


Thank you Ann for offering yourself as you walk with Him. All is grace indeed.





If you’d like to journey with her as well, check out http://www.annvoskamp.com/



No comments: