Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Recipes for the strong of heart…or those who wanna be :)

Here's my disclaimer when it comes to my recipes and cooking:
I don't measure very often...only in baking or when I need to be exact for some other strange reason ;)  Mostly, I cook like I live...with an open plan! 

All of the following recipes can be made gluten free (GF), dairy free (DF), soy free (SF)…(that is how we eat them around here...we're a really free family ;)   Feel free to adapt them to your nutritional and lifestyle needs. After all, that’s what these recipes are…adaptations to fit what we like and choose to eat.  I’ll write more later about specific diseases and the prevention of many of them through diet, but for now, suffice it to say, that these recipes are good for your heart…and the rest of your image bearing body!

So as to not make this blog horribly long, I’ve listed the names of the recipes here and you can click on them for the full recipe.



Red Lentil tacos/burritos

French/Brown Lentil soup

Curry Coconut stir fry (with or without organic, free roaming chicken)

Broccoli, pasta and almonds

Stir fry and long or short grain brown rice

Tex-Mex lasagna with “cashew cheese”

Refried bean soup

Butternut/acorn/delicata squash soup with cashew cream

Grilled veggies

Beet smoothie

Kale chips

Stephan’s fresh salsa

Black or pinto beans and rice

Black bean and sweet potato burritos

Homemade GF ravioli

Fajitas

Enchiladas

No comments: