This post is mostly a little bio I just used for another site. I thought I'd post it here as I'm trying to make it back to my blog instead of just blogging in my mind! Now that the littlest one is 5 months old, I feel like I am getting into a new swing of things. I want - need - this to include creative outlets: one of which is blogging. So, if you read this little blog of mine, please drop me a note or comment sometime. Feel free to disagree with me, ask me questions, point me to new resources. This would be encouraging to me. It seems that most of the time I am talking to myself and well, my loving Heavenly Father.
If you haven't already gathered what makes me tick from other blog posts I've written, here's a little something about me!
Kristie loves Jesus and His creation. She has been on a journey of seeking to live in harmony with God, herself, her family and friends, and the rest of His creation for several years now. It has been a journey with many switchbacks – vistas that at first glance make it seem that she’s walking in a circle, but upon closer inspection reveal new insights, healing, and growth. This journey has meant pursuing a deeper knowledge of God and herself, of being painfully honest about who she is (and is not), and allowing Him to transform her into the woman He created her to be. She loves being a voice for the voiceless in whatever ways God gives her – whether that’s through hosting benefit concerts at her church for the work of International Justice Mission, or teaching others about the call to care for creation. Often the harmony she seeks seems far from her grasp because while she’s changing a little one’s poopy diaper another “mess” happens, or she’s busy trying to keep up with her “border collie” 3 year old daughter who’s always outsmarting her! She has a deep passion for justice and longs to raise her daughters to be “ezers” (see http://www.whitbyforum.com/ for more about this rich word) in a world where women are still horribly oppressed. She’s privileged to raise them alongside a strong and tender man that won her heart by seeing into hers and loving her through and through.
Here are some topics/ideas that I would love to write on:
• Encouraging women to be ALL of who they were made to be – not just one role – wife, mom, career woman, etc.
• Helping others live in greater levels of harmony with God, themselves, their families and friends and the creation.
• Whole foods/solid nutrition – how we can honor God with our choices of food. How to eat locally, organically, thoughtfully and how our food choices have long-reaching effects.
• “Creation care” and what God’s word has to say about our interconnectedness with creation, and how our actions affect the poor locally and around the world.
• Natural childbirth, homebirth, educating and empowering women to partake in the process of pregnancy and childbirth
My husband loves my honesty – I try to live so that who I am on the inside is who you encounter when you meet me. That’s not always pretty. So, by default, I encourage others to be who they really are before a loving God and a safe community. This could branch out into blogs about women’s relationships and our insecurities and sin that get in the way of building deeper connections. (I’m trained as a therapist (www.rts.edu), and although I don’t practice anymore I still lean towards helping others understand the “darker” sides of themselves in the healing light of Christ.)
My sweet baby finally passed out after a little bit more mama's milk - yay! So,I'm off to sleep too!
Until next time...
Peace be with you,
Kristie
No comments:
Post a Comment