Here's my confession for today:
Every time my sweet daughter naps for longer than normal I fear that she's not going to awake - that I'm going to find her...departed. Fear grips my heart and tears fill my eyes - both at the thought of losing her and that my heart is so wrapped in fear. Life feels pretty good these days, so I'm waiting to get whacked by a 2 x 4. Some tragedy has to strike, right? David Wilcox sings about this so wonderfully in his song - Show me the way..."Cause they'll always be some crazy with an army or a knife, to wake you from your day dream and put the fear back in your life. Look, if someone wrote a play just to glorify what was stronger than hate, would they not arrange the stage to look as if the hero came too late?"
I am reminded of the Beth Moore study on Esther - no matter what happens, at the end, GOD.
O LORD of my fearing heart, heal the wounds that have left me with these scars, and give me the gift of trust and rest in the loving arms of my Savior. Have mercy on this heart of mine that I would be ever freer to love & receive the precious gifts You've given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment