Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Liana Joy


Well, I decided to create a blog for a variety of reasons. I want a place to write down the things that Liana Joy (the newest and cutest member of our family) does. She's 7 hours old in the photo - that was her first ride in the bucket. Now she fills it up!! It might seem silly to some to keep track of all of the little things, but everyone keeps saying to cherish these moments because they pass all too quickly. And the first time she smiled at me (May 3, 2008) was awesome, certainly worth documenting. Since then, she smiles at me every morning when she wakes up. I say "Bon journo principesa" - she loves it and gives a smile that could light up the night sky. She coos and aaahhs now. I want to record them on video so I don't forget them. The tension of being a mom - savoring the moment and letting go almost at the same time. She's growing so quickly - I want her to, but I miss her being the tiny, little newborn that came out of my womb on March 31st. She's big now...almost 12 lbs. - that's twice her birth weight. And her body stretches out longer than my waist when I'm feeding her. But now she makes eye contact and looks at things and responds. It's beautiful!


I also decided to creat a blog because I like to write...get the mess out of my head. It's a way for me to share myself with the great world out there. Even if no one reads what I write, it's a form of therapy for me. Writing lets me say (at least to God) the things I think about that i don't have answers for or am just toying around with inside. I'm a verbal processor, so writing helps me make sense of life.


So, why the title "Barefoot and Bucket free"? Liana Joy always kicks her booties off...she's the fastest bootie remover this side of the Mississippi. And she doesn't care for the "baby bucket", aka car seat. She wants to be held...smart girl. And she wants to be barefoot, even if that means her feet are cold. Good thing we live in Florida.


There are thoughts I have about who are daughter might be based on these things - speculations. I want to share them. But right now her diapers are hanging on the line and a thunderstorm is on its way, so duty calls. Hee hee...duty...not doodie:) Yep, I'm a mom, who regularly changes doodie filled diapers and has doodie on her mind!

No comments: